Monday, February 11, 2008

riding while weak=dumb idea

So, went to have my lesson at Sleepy Hollow on Sat.
May have stayed up a little too late on Friday night. Also, it seems I am sick.
All day Saturday I was having trouble just doing basic things like standing and thinking.
Standing and thinking are somewhat important for snowboarding.
Especially standing.
First, I tried to go up this rope lift. All you have to do is hang on and keep your board flat. It was a little hill. I fell about ten times trying to get up the hill. Each time it was harder to get up. All I could think was, this is not going to go well.
My DH successfully did a rail. I didn't even try it. I made it across a box once, the other times I just fell down.
I fell getting off the chairlift. I fell going down the hill. I fell a lot.
Hopefully I get over this and am not so weak by my next excursion. I'd rather feel like this in Des Moines than in Colorado. Better take care of myself.

No comments: